Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Sunday, August 10, 2008

TVN's HD Camera Probe, Star Trail Photos, Flint Hills Sunrise











TornadoVideos.Net created a Tornado Probe loaded with an HD camera and anemometer and data recorder for the 2008 season in hopes to sustain a direct hit from a tornado and record the wind speeds inside a tornado. Reed and crew are replicating several of these for the 2009 season and we'll have one with us to see if we can't deploy as well. The conditions will have to be perfect for us to attempt this and rest assured we won't attempt anything to risk our lives over. I'd be a liar if I said I haven't been scared shitless numerous times this year or in previous years, especially night chasing. If we could have had this probe on May 23rd, we could have dropped it right on I-70 for Quinter #1 tornado's dissipation stage, or the newly developed tornado to its west that crossed I-70...safely and effectively.

Here are some pictures I took a few weeks ago on a bridge near Gardner, KS that had no on ramps...but Johnson County sheriff deputies still saw me on there and questioned me for about 15 minutes lol. Thanks to them for letting me stay up there and being nice about it after being suspicious of seeing me there as they drove by on I-35!





And an early morning Flint Hills sunrise on old Highway 10 which is now my favorite, new place to photograph just west of Alma, KS and in between Alta Vista, Ks. Too bad it isn't closer, or I'd take pictures there all the time.

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

Blog Archive

wibiya widget