Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunflower Pictures, Sunrise Pictures Part II, Parker/Castle Rock Colorado Tornado

My sister, Brianne, lives in Parker Colorado with her daughter and husband and didn't have any desire to look out the window at a beautiful landspout/tornado less than a few miles from her home. This is the best video I can find so far of it:



My sister is no stranger to tornadoes, while Darin and I were chasing on 11/27/2005 near Marion, Kansas, she was headed back to Lawrence from Thanksgiving in Garden City and called me to tell me a tornado was coming down right on top of her! She also saw a rope tornado when I picked her up and gave her no choice but to ride with me in 1995...and several landspouts outside of GCK in 1991 a couple of years after we first moved there!

Here are some more photos from earlier this morning near Tonganoxie Kansas and Lawrence Kansas. The rest are from a beautiful sunrise near Lake Olathe and some sort of bagworm that make thousands of spiderweb-looking nests in trees everywhere. They were moving around quite a bit which made it hard to get a good photograph of them motionless...





Olathe Lake Sunrise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bagworm things make for a spooky, moody photo. Very nice!

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

Blog Archive

wibiya widget