Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Sunday, August 24, 2008

New Blog Design, Sunflower Pictures



I decided that I needed a new blog template to make the images bigger, so I downloaded one designed for photographers. Since I made the layout wider, the sidebars are gone, so chaser links are below blog posts, and photography above. Archived entries are at the bottom as well. I lost all of my links when I uploaded the new template, so I'll be continually adding to it too.

This morning I was up at sunrise...probably one of the most beautiful I've ever witnessed and I headed to just SW of Tonganoxie, KS where a field full of sunflowers is and a farmer lets you photograph or pick them. I was out there for a bit and started to walk back towards my car and noticed a guy sitting by the road and I waived. It ended up being a LJworld.com photographer and we ended up chatting for a good 30 minutes while shooting the sunflowers. He had Nikon equipment, including a D3 and D300 with a 500 mm prime (thing was HUGE) and a Canon GL2 for video. The sunflowers had just started to open up and he explained to me it woule be another few days to a week before they really bloom. I told him not to take my picture because I didn't want it printed anywhere and he did anyways! I stressed to him to not print it, and he said he wouldn't...but I snapped a couple of him when he wasn't looking. I'm probably going to head out there again next weekend to get some pictures of them in bloom. This is a quick blog post, I'll probably add another one later today, or just edit this one.

A few more pics, I have a bunch of others I need to process:





1 comment:

Dann Cianca said...

I like the new template a lot, Dick.

Dann.

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

Blog Archive

wibiya widget