Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Friday, January 20, 2006

School



Haven't updated in awhile.

Just started school yesterday, and am very pleased with my digital photography class. Mr. Lambert seems like a great instructor with over 35 years of experience, eventhough he's a Nikon guy. :D

We also have access to their high quality printers: Epsilon Stylus 7600 (is the only one I caught), and once we learn how to use them, can print out photos we have taken. I might just take this class again, for that simple fact. We will also be critiquing others, and I hope I get nailed with critiques, it will only help me understand more, and the same for the other students.

I also purchased Adobe CS2 Premium and am enrolled online with Mrs. Scofield for Photo manipulation. She seems very nice and enthusiastic about her students. So if you are wondering why I am taking these classes, it's to brush up my skills and learn as much as I can about photography and to make the most of my camera. One year ago, I had never picked up a camera, and knew nothing. (And still know little, might I add) So I'm very excited.

Next thing I need to do is find a new job, so I can save for this year's chasing expedition. I can't wait, since this is a newly-found passion in the past few years. It keeps me out of trouble, it takes you through town after town in the Plains, each displaying their own uniqueness, even if it's being the smallest of things. Just being on the road is what I love. Guess you could call me a Highwayman. ;)

Also received a PM from the new WCM in TWX wishing to use of my photos for spotter training classes. Of course I agreed, and am compiling some as we speak. Darin is in California right now watching his brother graduate from boot camp, and I explained to her that he would be willing to. I am always the first in line to helping people out, in any situation.

Here's a picture (above)of some convection on November 27th as it decides to not produce any more photogenic tornadoes, but I like the picture anyways.

Friends from Oklahoma are in town. Haven't seen em for awhile. One's a UT fan, the other an OU fan. Together we will beat up the OU fan. Yeah that's right Greg, we're gonna kick the sheeeeeeeat out of you. Time to go drink a few with some good friends who could give a crap about weather. lol.

No comments:

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

wibiya widget