Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Thursday, March 26, 2009

3/23 Storm Chase

I don't have a lot of time to post, as always. Darin, Jordan, Doug and I hesitated, then eventually committed to a developing supercell south of Junction City near Herrington. This thing left us in the dust thanks to the Flint Hills road network and I believe it is the same storm that produced an EF-1 tornado in Nemaha County. Saw Mike Hollingshead (who has a great picture of this storm) not once, but twice...once near Herington, then later on south of Yates Center on some bumfuck road. What are the odds I wonder?

Anyways, below are a couple of photos of the storm and of a beautiful sun halo I witnessed yesterday afternoon.

March 23 Herrington KS Supercell

March 23 Herrington KS Supercell

Sun Halo

Kansas City is currently under a Winter Storm Watch with crazy snow numbers being thrown out during the first full week of Spring...we'll see what happens!

No comments:

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

wibiya widget