Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Saturday, October 02, 2010

Kansas State Record for Hail Video

I'm not the greatest videographer, but here's the September 15th Video I shot with the 5D Mark II of the hail storm in Goddard, Kansas. Listen at 1:05-1:07 as you can hear a stone whizzing through the air before it impacts. I'm beginning to think around 8 inches is all the world will ever be able to successfully measure as larger stones will not be able to hold as they impact, unless the ground is saturated and can absorb them somehow. There were stones >8 inches.....probably a 10" one somewhere that day, but for now 7.75 inches is where the Kansas state record hail stone will stand!



See my previous blog post for pictures of this storm after the video!

No comments:

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

wibiya widget