Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Friday, July 17, 2009

Storm Photo of the Day/Week

07082009_01web

I figured since I'm not fond on writing or summarizing much, I'll keep the blog updated with a new picture or two of storms I've photographed this year either daily or weekly (likely in between). When more time allows, I'll write more if I find the time or will.

July 8th south of Garnett, KS. I made it south with under 60 seconds to spare watching rainbands scream ahead of me and kicking up a lot of dust along the gust front, which is unusual given the amount of vegetation/tree cover this time of year in E. KS. I drove back through the area I escaped from and found 20+ powerlines down or snapped, a straw field completely flattened and numerous old trees snapped due to 80-100 mph straight-line winds along US 169 for about a 2 mile stretch. I reported and was in contact with the TOP NWS several times, debunking public reports of strong rotation in the storm. I could barely stay ahead of this thing as it moved due south at almost 50 mph. Left it near Mildred, KS and made it back to Olathe by 6 and went fishing. NWS damage survey and info is here.

Then further south somewhere near Mildred, KS.

07082009_02web

No comments:

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

wibiya widget