Email me at midwesternmeso (AT) hotmail [DOT] com

Please note: All images and videos on this blog are copyrighted by myself and may not be used without written permission. Any persons or entities who do not seek written permission will be held liable for copyright infringement(s) and will be subject to monetary compensation not to exceed $150,000 USD. (In pursuant to 17 USC Section 504(b) and (c), 17 USC Section 505.)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Recent Lightning Shots

After living on the road with the TVN crew for several months (and driving 25,000 + miles), I've returned back to my normal life and it just isn't quite as exciting. So I venture out on these 'under the ridge' days, (where pulse storms generally form from just heat and a weak cap...or from enough convergence along an old outflow boundary/ weak cold front) and try to regain that same intensity as before, but I generally just get disappointed.

I've been focusing on doing more time-lapse photography with the 5D Mark II and using an intervalometer which is amazing and I'll probably make a video in the next couple of years. The plan for 2011, is re-join the TVN crew till around the middle of June, then venture out solo for a couple of months after that--chasing the Northern Plains and Canada for slower moving storms/supercells and doing strictly time-lapse photography of everything I encounter.

Below are some lightning photos I've taken in the past couple of weeks...more to come at some point. You can catch my other blog posts over at tornadovideos.net as well,as I'm assisting over there when needed.

Sunset_Desoto_1

FlintHills_web

Lightning_1

Contact Me

Contact me @
midwesternmeso AT hotmail (DOT) COM

wibiya widget